New Beats Project Media Coverage
- ‘Life after redundancy: what happens next for journalists when they leave newsrooms’, by Lawrie Zion in The Conversation, May 9, 2017.
- “Regional journalist forum”, ABC Radio National’s Big Ideas, June 22, 2016.
- “Redundant journalists update”, ABC Radio National’s The Media Report, December 3, 2015.
- “Beyond the Big R: Life after Redundancy”, video of Melbourne Press Club panel on June 3, 2015.
“Exiting journalists marching to a new beat, survey finds”, by Krati Garg, The Citizen, April 24, 2015. (A shorter version of this article also appeared in Crikey on the same day.)
- “Where do redundant jouralists go? “ by Lawrie Zion in The Conversation, December 2, 2013. This article was also republished in mUmBRELLA and News International
- “Less, pay, less stress for axed journos”, by Sally Jackson in The Australian, December 2, 2013
- “Study to track the progress of journalists riding the 2012 wave of redundancies”, by Lawrie Zion in the Public Interest Journalism Foundation website, July 16, 2013
- Interview with Lawrie Zion on ABC Radio National’s The Media Report, July 11, 2013
- “Study follows new beats in journalism”, by Lara Sinclair in The Australian, July 8, 2013
- “Research project to examine impact of journalist redundancies”, by Nic Christensen in mUmBRELLA, July 8, 2013